GENERAL MOTORS MOBILITY
We're dedicated to making travel and vehicle adaptation easier for people with special needs. From adapting your new vehicle with mobility products to receiving your reimbursement and everything in between, we're here to help. Better still, get up to a $1,000 reimbursement1, plus two years2 of OnStar® Safety & Security3 and Remote Access4 Plans with available 4G LTE Wi-Fi® hotspot5 when you have eligible adaptive equipment installed. Explore the Get Reimbursed tab to learn how you can take advantage of this special offer.
Selecting the Right Vehicle
General Motors has developed certain vehicle components to facilitate the adaptive equipment installation process and help maintain the integrity of the vehicle's engineering, quality, and safety standards during that process. Be sure to consult your mobility installer prior to making the vehicle purchase to ensure all necessary equipment can be installed in your preferred vehicle. You have chosen to hire your own mobility equipment installer to alter your vehicle. By offering an incentive, GM is not reviewing or taking any responsibility for the quality or safety of your alteration. Please consult the vehicle alterer making changes to your vehicle to ensure that the work done on your vehicle is consistent with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Alterations are not covered under the GM new vehicle limited warranty.
Trucks and SUVs
The full-size Chevrolet Silverado, Chevrolet Suburban, GMC Sierra, and GMC Yukon XL provide cargo and towing capacity while allowing for plenty of interior space for passengers and/or cargo. When modified by an independent aftermarket supplier6, these vehicles can be made wheelchair accessible for a driver or front passenger. These vehicles provide an attractive alternative to the traditional minivans and have great capability, style, and versatility, and even have the ability to tow a boat or trailer.
All new Chevrolet, Buick, Cadillac, and GMC vehicles qualify for mobility reimbursement of up to $1,0001 when adding eligible mobility-related equipment. Items like grab handles, pedal extenders, and hand controls are just some examples.
The full-size Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Passenger Vans provide abundant interior space, cargo capacity, and accessibility that wheelchair and scooter users especially appreciate. Express and Savana are practical choices for mobility and handicap conversions, e.g., installing adaptive equipment and mobility accessories such as wheelchair lifts, ramps, running boards, and driver aids, available from independent aftermarket suppliers6. You have chosen to hire your own mobility equipment installer to alter your vehicle. By offering an incentive, GM is not reviewing or taking any responsibility for the quality or safety of your alteration. Please consult the vehicle alterer making changes to your vehicle to ensure that the work done on your vehicle is consistent with the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Alterations are not covered under the GM new vehicle limited warranty.
Under the General Motors Mobility Reimbursement Program, eligible adaptive equipment installed (or reinstalled) on an eligible purchased or leased new Express or Savana van is eligible for up to a $1,200 reimbursement1.
The right-side rear passenger door ‐ available in a 60/40 panel door configuration or sliding door ‐ opens to approximately 44" wide. Rear panel doors swing open 165 degrees, a wide opening (approx. 57" W x 49" H) to access the cavernous cargo space inside.
Comfort and Convenience
Rear air conditioning and an auxiliary heater are available to help maintain a comfortable environment regardless of outdoor temperatures. Standard Solar-Ray deep-tinted glass in the rear side windows and rear door windows also helps moderate temperatures inside. Other features include:
- Standard Power Locks and Windows
- Standard Custom Vinyl seating on LS models and Custom Cloth seating on LT models
- Available manual-folding, remote, power-adjustable heated mirrors
- Available Remote Keyless Entry
- Available dealer-installed accessories, including trailering equipment, and Lamp Package. -Visit chevyaccessories.com, buickaccessories.com, cadillacaccessories.com or GMCaccessories.com
- Available Convenience Packages include tilt-wheel steering column and cruise control
Four-wheel ABS and Dynamic Rear Proportioning are standard on all Express and Savana models. They help the driver maintain steering control by reducing wheel lockup while braking hard on most slippery surfaces.
StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system improves vehicle stability, particularly on slick surfaces or during emergency maneuvers. StabiliTrak is standard on all 2018 Express and Savana models.
1. Limit $1,000 total reimbursement per eligible vehicle ($1,200 for eligible Chevy Express and GMC Savana vans.) See Dealer and General Motors Mobility Program Reimbursement Application for complete program details, limitations and eligibility. Offer ends 9/30/18.
2. Services are subject to user terms and limitations. Check here for more details. Availability subject to change. (CODE link 'here': https://www.onstar.com/us/en/home/)
3. Visit onstar.com for system limitations and details. OnStar plan, working electrical system, cell service, GPS signal required. OnStar links to emergency services. (CODE link "onstar.com": https://www.onstar.com/us/en/home/)
4. Requires compatible Apple or Android device and data connection. Remote Services require paid plan.
5. Visit onstar.com for vehicle availability, details and system limitations. Services and connectivity vary by model, conditions and location. Requires active service and data plan. Data plans provided by AT&T.
6. Equipment from independent suppliers is not covered by the GM New Vehicle Limited Warranty. GM is not responsible for the safety or quality of independent supplier alterations.